SyncKolab 0.3.xfor Thunderbird

Niko Berger niko.berger at corinis.com
Tue Mar 29 16:56:32 CEST 2005

Hi all,
Let me answer a few questions regarding the exension:
- Yes, right now it only supports kolab1 format (vcard/ical) and I will
include kolab2 xml format in one of the next versions (found out about
the different format only yesterday :P) I guess I have to install a
kolab2 server for myself in order to test it ;)
- After a few problem mails with the configuration I updated my homepage
to include screenshots of the configuration including a more detailed
description
- The extension allows bidirectional sync and unidirectional, if you
check the "save to imap" checkbox data is being written back to the imap
folder, if its unchecked only the calendar/address book in tbird is
updated, but nothing on the server
- I will include multiple sync configurations in future versions (so you
can have more than one address book/calendar sync'd - this way you can
differen between public and private calendars/address books)

When reporting bugs please check for any errors/messages in the
javascript window (tools/javascript console) and try to find out what
couldve happened (f.e. it synced addresses fine, but didnt write back to
the imap folder etc.).
Short description what the extension does:
1. initializes basic variables like selected folder, address book, calendar
Address Book sync (first run)
2. reads all messages from imap, parses them and updates the address book
3. deletes all changed messages (where the abook entry is newer),
uploads the new entries
4. checks the address book for entries that dont exist in imap and
uploads them (setting custom4 field)

5. back to step 2 only with calendar

depending on the options set in the configurations some steps may be
skipped. The current version (until V1 that is :P) includes a lot of
debugging code, so you can see whats going on under the hood by opening
the javascript console.

Niko