Updating Kolab 1 - Openpkg 2.3 to Kolab 2 Beta 3

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 22 14:40:45 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 10:47, Georg Lerch wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> I was recommended to update from kolab 1 to 2 beta 3.

Note that there is not much experience to
upgrade data from Kolab1 Server to Kolab2 Server.
Thus I guess it would be easiest to start over again
with a fresh install of Kolab2 Server and then try to move the data
by standard means (ldap tools, cyrus tools).

> As far as I know kolab 2.beta3 is based on openpkg 2.2. But I`ve already
> updated my openpkg installation and all packages to openpkg 2.3.
>
> Is it still possible to use the obmtool to install the new kolab version
> or has the the existing openpkg 2.3 installation to be deleted ?

I suggest to move the old installation away and start a fresh one,
as this lowers the risk of running into a strang error.