Using kolab- LDAP Addressbook with Thunderbird

Georg Lerch info at glerch.de
Wed Mar 16 16:52:44 CET 2005

Hi Group,

I want to use the ldap address book with thunderbird. But some how I
don`t seem to make it work. I can add users, i can receive and send
emails, i can publish a calendar file.

When I add users, the size of id2entry.dbb in
/kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data# increases.

I'm using kolab-20040503-2.1.0 from zfos.org which I updated to openpkg
2.3. After this I upgraded the packages with
"openpkg build -UA | tee todo.sh" (Yes, I executed the script!)

I first had problems with the imapd, somehow its db was corrupt, but big
miracle, some job corrected this problem, while I was complaining to a
friend, that I fried my kolab installation.

Can you help me ?
I tried
ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=manager,dc=kidlinux' -w 'password'
wich results in:
ldap_bind: Invalid DN syntax (34)
         additional info: invalid DN

Yes I must confess my ldap knowledge is limited, almost non existant.

Thanks

Georg