IMAP direct

Michael Schmitt m.schmitt at hardworx-online.net
Fri Mar 18 16:21:12 CET 2005

Hi folks :)

If I may ask (even if it is a bit offtopic)...

I am a bit confused with "hostname -f" on my own. Refering to the
manpage it should return the fqdn of the host, but it returns just the
local name without the domain appended. I googled a bit and  discussed
that issue with some folks on IRC and I still don't know where the
"hostname -f" should get the real fqdn hostname from. I have a full
working nameserver setup here (dig, host, nslookup, whatever works),
just "hostname -f" does not. Could someone give me a hint? ;)

regards
Michael

P.S.: even if hostname -f returns just the local hostname, no problems
or errors here... yet.