Using kolab- LDAP Addressbook with Thunderbird

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 10:14:15 CET 2005

> kidlinux:/kolab/etc/kolab# cat kolab.conf
> base_dn : dc=kidlinux
> bind_dn : cn=manager,dc=kidlinux
> bind_pw : xxxxxxxxx
> ldap_uri : ldap://127.0.0.1:389
> php_dn : cn=nobody,dc=kidlinux
> php_pw : xxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi,
> I´m not getting any error message. I configure the adress book,
> Name: Kolab
> Hostname: kidlinux
> Basis BN (Base DN): dc=kidlinux
> Portnumber: 389
> DN Binden (bind DN?)): left empty.
>

> I go to offline, "say" download, it asks for a user name, I give
> kolab at glerch.de with password, and it displays no cards. there is not
> really a error message.
>
> telnet kidlinux 389 still works
> When I use the webinterface for administration, I can see all the entrys
> I made in the kolab addressbook
>
> I tried with "DN Binden": cn=manager,dc=kidlinux
> Same result.

Did you put (objectclass=*) in the search filter? I found this was the only
way for it to work for me - also, you need to search to actually see any
addresses: it does not show the entire address book by default. (You can also
turn on autocomplete for LDAP directories, I think this is in "Composition
and Addressing")