php-4.3.9 fails to compile

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Mar 17 23:54:37 CET 2005

Am Donnerstag, 17. März 2005 19:40 schrieb Dieter Kluenter:

Hi Dieter,

> I have not succeeded to compile Kolab on amd64 yet, so I decided to
> compile on a i686 machine with SuSE-9.0,

I successfully compiled on SuSE 9.1 but I do not have access to SuSE 9.0
anymore.

> but php-4.3.9 failed und

> | /kolab/lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)(.text+0x6d9): In function
`ldap_connect_to_host':
> | : `sys_errlist' is deprecated; use `strerror' or `strerror_r' instead
> |
> | /kolab/lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)(.text+0x6cc): In function
`ldap_connect_to_host':

These are harmless sofar.

> | /usr/lib/libbind.so: undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
> | /usr/lib/libbind.so: undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'
> | /usr/lib/libbind.so: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'

This claims that your bindutils as supplied by SuSE are broken.

Please provide the output of

ldd  /usr/lib/libbind.so

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany