Kolab2 Slapd hanging - master/slave replication issues

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Thu Mar 17 21:55:12 CET 2005

Hi Martin,

Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, 17. März 2005 18:03 schrieb Dieter Kluenter:
>
> Hi Dieter,

[...]
> I added now pres to the cvs but I don't think that sub is so useful.

This primarily depends on the clients searchstring. I agree that sub is not
necessary, but you may put a note in some README, that when addressbooks are
heavily used, it might be wise to add sub to the searched attribute index.

> Do you think it is usefull to add the slapindex command to the startup script
> of OpenLDAP?

slapindex is not required when building a database, only when changing the

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://www.dkluenter.de