cpio: MD5 sum mismatch at package perl-mail

Michael Schmitt m.schmitt at hardworx-online.net
Wed Mar 16 10:26:54 CET 2005

Hi Thomas,

first the signature check...

# /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm --checksig \
/kolab/RPM/PKG/perl-mail-5.8.5-2.2.0.ix86-debian3.1-kolab.rpm
/kolab/RPM/PKG/perl-mail-5.8.5-2.2.0.ix86-debian3.1-kolab.rpm: sha1 md5
OK

seems ok though.

Btw. There was at no time a missing hdd space issue here. I had at least
1GB free space (just 6GB hdd, yes they still do exist :)
Now to the funny part:

MISSING: none
SURPLUS: none
SUMMARY: NODE=kolab.tcw.local; CMD=kolab; DATE=2005-03-16/10:04:55;
HASX11=; DONE

I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea what was / is happening here! I just did the
same as three times before, except that I did remove this time ALL
perl-related packages and of course did add --debug and --verbose to the
obmtool commandline as suggested. Do you have an idea how the other
perl-packages could have been interfering there? I am also not very sure
if I can (or want to *g*) reproduce the error now, as it worked this
time. Lets call it "closed"? :)
But for sure I am very interested in your thoughts about that!

regards
Michael