Kolab 2 - KDEPIM from KDE 3.4.0 rc - how to share calender ressources?

Peter Wimmer peter.wimmer at studentenwerk.mhn.de
Tue Mar 15 14:49:00 CET 2005

Hello,

I have some problems using kolab with the kde "kontact" groupware-client.

we are testing kolab for some time now if it could be our groupware
solution.

our problem: users can't see other users calendars

kolab 2 beta ist ready and running for quite a while now.
we need especially the feature of shared calenders and the possibilty to
look into other users calendars.

At first i tried the kontact-proko2 branch and i managed to get two
people seeing each others calendars but somehow it was not possible to
add other people with the same configuration to see other people
calender ressources at all.
(i gave read access for all groupware imap folders from each user to all
of my test users and each user had an kolab calendar ressource in
korganizer set).

After this try i installed kde 3.4.0 rc to check if problems with "not
seeing other peoples calendars in korganizer" are gone.

At the moment i try to configure kontact (kde 3.4.0) to use kolab2. But
as far is i see there are no special "kolab" groupware server
ressources any more, especially in korganizer. The only ressource which
looks like kolab is a ressource for "calendars via IMAP and kmail". So i
tried this ressource and i can add  dates for the users to their own
calendar.
But i can't manage to see calendars from other users and i dont know how
to configure this feature. The only really important kolab feature for us.

I tried the debian kde 3.4.0 rc packages from alioth and the kde 3.4.0
live cd.

Can you help me with the "not seeing other peoples calendar ressources
in kontact" problem. I would prefer to use the kde 3.4.0 kontact client
because of the onstanding release of kde 3.4.0.

Thanks!

Peter Wimmer