MySQL not started by daily cron for log rotation

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Fri Jun 17 11:24:06 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, 17. Juni 2005 10:51 schrieb Aurélien MALO:
> I've got exactly the same problem, have you find a solution ?

We haven't found the cause of that problem. Even updating the mysql package
from OpenPkg didn't make a difference.
So we ended with a process which checks the status in the night (controlled
by cron) and restarts the MySQL server, if it isn't running.

It's a bad hack, but as we still encounter such situations (we're informed
about those restarts by mail), it's better than having a lot of people
calling you in the morning and asking about the web frontend.

BTW, this is another argument related to the question if Horde used with
Kolab should avoid using a SQL database for that very little data which is
currently stored in that DB (remember, most of the data is in IMAP).

Andreas