multiple domains in kolab

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jun 14 20:49:30 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 12:40, Jose Figueras wrote:
> El mar, 07-06-2005 a las 22:43, Martin Konold escribió:
> > Am Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005 12:27 schrieb Thomas Baumann:

> > > * A Server with kolab2 installed
> > > * mail domain abc.com
> > > * mail domain xyz.com
> > > * mail domain bxx.com
> > >
> > > Users should authenticate and login with their fqdn at theirdomain.com,
> > > and e-Mails and aliases should be configured (on commandline, or ldap).
> >
> > We currently don't support multiple domains though you might apply simple
> > postfix rewrite rules.
>
> It's very difficult to add this capability?

I would say: Medium.

> Can you share some tips (what to modifiy: LDAP, kolabd, postfix conf
> file,...) to add multi-domain support to Kolab?

The problem is to completely think it through before
implementing it with the future design in mind.
So if we had the hints written down on what to do,
we would be very close of adding this capability.

If you want to help, it would be appreciated most in
the documentation in my perspective. Many developers
know how Kolab works, so they are not in the best position
to write something to guide the way into the system for
a developer.

Also note that development details are discussed on the
development list mainly.

Best,
Bernhard