Toltec connector and exceptions to recurring events

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jun 3 11:13:10 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 16:33, Helge Hess wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2005, at 9:47, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Tuesday 31 May 2005 00:15, Helge Hess wrote:
> >> IMHO the uid/recurrence-id is quite important in the real world
> >> (and btw explicitly mentioned/supported in CalDAV). Maybe you can
> >> somehow workaround using the CalDAV approach (storing multiple
> >> vevents in memory under a single uid)?
> >
> > my design approach would be to solve the problem in the client,
> > but that again needs a careful approach. In my view many recurrence
> > rules are quite complicated, so there will be a simpler solution.
>
> Honestly I can't follow what you are trying to say (my comment was
> about Kontact [to my knowledge a client ;-)], not about servers).
>
> Did you mean by "solve the problem in the client" that the client
> should flatten recurrences and store them individually in the server
> (in other words: remove rrule support in the Kolab format)?

Looking at many of the recurrence rules I get the impression that the
a different design must be possible that let the connections and relations
of the different events be constructed in the client and saved differently.
So the need for the complicated rules would be gone.
Of course, such a design cannot be done easily
and I have no written down concept for it, just a few ideas.