Kolab Client

Helge Hess helge.hess at opengroupware.org
Fri Jul 29 22:21:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

does the Kolab resources-on-dimap support in KDE 3.4.0 (Sarge) only
work against a special Kolab Cyrus 2.0 version?

Since I didn't manage to install the Kolab server on Sarge, I wanted to
try the DIMAP/resource support against some platform Cyrus servers. I
tried Sarge (v2.1.18-IPv6-Debian-2.1.18-1) and MacOSX Server
(v2.2.12-OS X 10.4.0) - both do not seem to work.

Resource folders are shown in both, KMail and as subresources in
KOrganizer/KAddressbook, but they are not created on the server (no
errors in the panel which initially "creates" them).
When I use the "Troubleshoot IMAP Cache" feature, the client claims
that it is not able to create folders on the server (of course I can do
that with other IMAP4 clients or with telnet).

Any ideas? Is the Kolab protocol so special that it doesn't even work
against other (later) Cyrus versions?

Greets,
   Helge
--