spamassassin learning + shared folder

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 12:42:04 CEST 2005

On Monday 25 July 2005 22:42, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op maandag 25 juli 2005 23:36, schreef Andreas Hasenack:
> > imapd.conf has:
> > sharedprefix: shared
> >
> > So, this is how the "spam" folder will appear to an imap client:
> > shared.spam (or shared/spam).
> >
> > But for postfix and lmtp, the "shared" prefix means nothing AFAIK.
> > So, try to send email to this address instead:
> > +spam at yourdomain.com
>
> Thanks, but it does not work.

Spam should NOT be sent to the shared folder (spamasassing will then learn
that internal mail is spam!) - to keep the headers intact, mail must be moved
or "dragged" into the shared folder (shared == public folder in kolab).

The email address for shared folders is kolab+shared.{foldername}@mydomain.com
- Again: DO NOT SEND SPAM TO IT, MOVE IT THERE. In Kmail, I think if you use
the client's redirect function, it will work, but it is best to just move the
mails there, thus preserving the headers.

I will look at the wiki pages, there was a change in the cyrus/kolab naming
conventions, and I think this may be a throwback to the old naming
convention.

Please let me know what else is unclear, and I'll try to make it easier.

Cheers,