Change "manager" password

Frank Matthieß frankm at lug-owl.de
Mon Jul 18 11:46:24 CEST 2005

As i start the installtion i use a simple password for the manager
account. I want to change that to a strong one. As i search for a way to
do it via webinterface, i found no way to do this. Have i overseen those
possibility?

Is there a way to to it on the commandline, vi and/or others?

I see this passowrd in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf as cleartext and
hash. To change the cleartext is no problem, but to generate the hash is
a problem, at least for me.

Any hints, links or textfiles?

Frank.
--
Frank Matthieß

"When Clinton lied, no one died." -- by magney
http://www.kuro5hin.org/comments/2004/3/17/15138/5087?pid=227#242