What are annotations, where are the sieve filters stored

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Jul 11 22:46:05 CEST 2005

Am Montag 11 Juli 2005 21:28 schrieb Richard Bos:
> Quite often a reference to the annotations.db is made.  I searched goolge
> the cyrus email list and wiki, but I could not find a good description of
> what annotations do or what they are for.  Is there anyone on the list that
> can shine a light on this subject?

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore/
"The ANNOTATEMORE extension to the Internet Message Access Protocol
   permits clients and servers to maintain "metadata" on IMAP servers.
   It is possible to store data on a per-mailbox basis or on the server
   as a whole."

http://www.melnikov.ca/mel/Drafts/draft-ietf-imapext-annotate-09.txt
"The ANNOTATE extension to the Internet Message Access Protocol
   [IMAP4] permits clients and servers to maintain "metadata" for
   messages stored in an IMAP4 mailbox."

> In the kolab wiki there is a description about sieve filters (find it at:
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Some_user_experiences_installing_kolab#Filt
>ering_mails_into_Folders) but it does not tell where the filters should be
> located, and what name it should have to get it active...
> Are the frontends out there, that can be used to create sieve filters?

Yes, there are multiple sieve editors available. Please report your
experiences on our wiki.

Regards,
-- martin

--
   Groupware Challenge 13. Juli 2005
   Drei Konzepte - Drei Systeme - Eine Veranstaltung