annotations.db problem - how to address that issue?

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Mon Jul 11 08:42:52 CEST 2005

Hi,

this morning I had a problem with Kolab's imap server. I've found many, many times in the logs:

Jul 11 08:12:07 kolab <error> imap[25761]: DBERROR: opening /kolab/var/imapd/annotations.db: cyrusdb error
Jul 11 08:12:07 kolab <error> imap[25761]: Fatal error: can't read annotations file

A quick look in Google didn't tell me how to solve such a situation "correctly".
As our users were very impatient, I copied a backup of that file into place.
But I don't think, that there is no way to rebuild that information.

Can anybody tell me how to react better next times?

TIA,
Andreas