Loosing events in Kontact used with Kolab 2

Timo Springmann t.springmann at linet-services.de
Thu Jul 7 18:40:43 CEST 2005

hi,

Am Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2005 17:05 schrieb Till Adam:
> > We've encounterd similar problems with kontact using the imap resource.
> > We've posted a few messages on the kde-pim mailinglists last weeks.
>
> And thanks for reporting there. Reinhold responded, I think,

He asked for some of our configuration files an we sent as much as we could.

> and we (the
> kdepim developers) have since been trying to figure out where those issues
> come from. I'm fairly confident to have identified the problem earlier
> today, and a fix is being tested in trunk, at present. If it's confirmed to
> be working, I'll commit to branch and convince SuSE to update their
> packages, if possible. Otherwise I'll make a patch available such that new
> packages can be contributed by someone from the community.

A patch would be great. I rebuild the debian packaged from alioth a few days
ago with the subresources-patch and would like to test the new patch as soon
as I have some spare time...

> Expecting
> it for free from the community is not entirely fair, as others have noted.
> We do try out best, though, and we welcome contributions, in code or
> otherwise. So maybe you could ask yourself what you can do to help make
> Kontact the best it can it, if you want to see it succeed, as I'm sure you
> do. :)

As I wrote in my other mail, I never wanted to be unfair. I try to contribute
as much as I can.  Never expected anything for free. Andreas just asked if
anyone can confirm his problem and I just told we can...

regards,
Timo

--
LINET Services GbR
Linux im Intra- und InterNet

Gotenweg 15  Tel.:   0531-280 191 71
38106 Braunschweig Fax:    0531-280 191 72

http://www.linet-services.de
mailto:t.springmann at linet-services.de