[Kolab-users] Re: Loosing events in Kontact used with Kolab 2

Timo Springmann t.springmann at linet-services.de
Thu Jul 7 18:35:22 CEST 2005

Sorry for not responding to every point of your mail, but I need to get some
food...

I tried to make clear, that what I wrote are OUR conclusions from testing
kontact a few days to use it in our company (not to sell it). As we're
needing to earn money and we currently have a working solution
(OpenGroupware.org) we're staying with that. As I told before, we would like
to change OUR environment to kontact and maybe even start to sell solutions
based on kolab/kontact/whatever some day. But at the moment time is a rare
thing and we can't spend more time in investigating the problem WE have.

Personally I'm a great fan of kontact and kde in a whole, I'm using it (kde)
since beta4 and I'm the person in our company who gave up last. I would love
to get everyone here to use kontact and, as I told before, we're still using
it, but not as out main resource (because we HAVE to count on such things as
email and appointments). Besides that, I still use kontact (at work & at
home) and I'll check every new version...

And if you read my mail again you won't find a bad word about KDE or
KDE-Developers. I really appreciate the work the developers are doing. I try
to contribute as good as I can (i.e. filing bug reports now and then - I even
started to learn c++/qt last weekend...)

I know I can get support from the kolab konsortium. Actually we're too
supporting an opensource product and I know people can get very frustated if
it doesn't work out-of-the-box. That's why I _tried_ to be fair when I write
my mails. I just wanted to tell Andreas, that we had similar problems. Maybe
I was a little bit too frustrated.

I apologies if I tread on someone's toes...

Have a nice day,
Timo

--
LINET Services GbR
Linux im Intra- und InterNet

Gotenweg 15  Tel.:   0531-280 191 71
38106 Braunschweig Fax:    0531-280 191 72

http://www.linet-services.de
mailto:t.springmann at linet-services.de