Loosing events in Kontact used with Kolab 2

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Thu Jul 7 13:19:17 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2005 10:52 schrieb Till Adam:
> Thomas Ribbrock reported similar behavior with the same supplementary
> rpms. There's a problem there, at least with those rpms, possibly with
> the branch itself.	So far we've not found a way to trigger it, to be able
> to debug it properly, can you try to, Andreas? Something must get
> KOrganizer into that state where it does no longer ask for the folder to
> save to and updates and adds seem to not reach the resource code at all.

To make sure you don't miss that detail: KOrganizer (or even the part in
Kontact) asks me what resource to use. The event even ends in the view but
is somehow not written into the backend. It seems to exist in memory only.
So it is lost after a restart and sometimes (not ever) after a sync.

Another observation which might be related AFAIU: Changing the due date of
todos doesn't make them being sync'ed against the Kolab server. I've had a
look at commits in the branch and I've found one (of you) about sync issues
(KMail cachedimapaccount). Do you remember the details?

Andreas