Loosing events in Kontact used with Kolab 2

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Thu Jul 7 10:52:22 CEST 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 10:51, Andreas Gungl wrote:

> I'm using Suse 9.3 supplementary RPMs for KDE 3.4.1. I have Kontact
> configured to use a Kolab 2 account. Sometimes, I add an event in the usual
> way to my calendar resource on the DIMAP account. It's added to the
> KOrganizer part, but the message count in the appropriate folder in KMail
> stays constant.
> I can cut the event into the clipboard and paste it again. Alone, the
> resource seems to be fixed. No new message appears in the KMail part. Here
> is what I've found when running Kontact at the console:
>
> kontact: WARNING: LockNull::lock() force success. Doesn't actually lock.
> kontact: ERROR: Can't decrement change count. It already is 0.
> kontact: WARNING: LockNull::lock() force success. Doesn't actually lock.
>
> If I restart Kontact, the event is lost. But I can really add a new event,
> and it shows up properly in the folder in KMail and is sync'ed correctly.
>
> Anybody else experiencing such problems? I got very carefull at least. I
> try to check the amount of messages in the resource now and then to make
> sure to not loose any important events. But hell, it is no fun to work this
> way.

Thomas Ribbrock reported similar behavior with the same supplementary rpms.
There's a problem there, at least with those rpms, possibly with the branch
itself.	So far we've not found a way to trigger it, to be able to debug it
properly, can you try to, Andreas? Something must get KOrganizer into that
state where it does no longer ask for the folder to save to and updates and
adds seem to not reach the resource code at all.

I'll reread the branch code and see if I can dig up something.

Till