Is dimap required for calendar functions

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Thu Jul 7 08:15:43 CEST 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 07.11, Martin Konold wrote:

> This is a bad idea as the semantic of Kolab events allows for _very_ old
> messages to be relevant now of for the future. A typical example is an
> event with recurrances.
>
> Compared to normal email folders even "large" calendar folders are very
> tiny.

I agree in theory but the sad facts are that the nr of email is also important
and some times more important that the size of the folder, specially for
Horde, and I agree tat Horde needs a caching mechanism but it aint there now
so this is what we have to live with.

Some sort of clever expiry would be great that excluded recurring events, I am
not even sure that such a thing can be done, but it would help.

rgds

Matt