kolab konsulting?

will at thebase.com will at thebase.com
Wed Jul 6 17:47:51 CEST 2005

I am looking for someone do some consulting with us to set up a kolab
server. I
do  the network admin for a small arts organization. We've shied away from
exchange for many reasons. We would like to have a groupware solution
and Kolab
sounds great. Here are the specific challenges:

1. Our users use many different platforms and and PIMs. Consolodating them all
is not an near term option. In breif the clients we'd need working:
   A. Windows Outlook-Tolnec
   B. Some OSX solution (most use entourage for which I believe there is no
connector)
   C. Web - Horde

2. We have a MySQL database where a great deal of company data is kept.
Contacts
and Calendar data would need to be integrated from kolab into this
database and
Visa Versa.

3. As Admin I'd be responsible for daily maintainence. I do basic Linux/Apache
admin. But do not consider myself and advanced Linux jockey.

Is there anyone on this list interested in helping implementing this kind of
solution or could recommend someone who might be. Please contact me regarding
time, $, resources etc.

thanks in advance

Will Knapp
will at thebase.com