Kolab Final - Toltec Outlook Connector - Kontact - Horde Webmail

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Mon Jul 4 17:37:37 CEST 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 17.13, Harald Rinker wrote:
> Hello @all
>
> i have a new install of Kolab final and have tested, Kontact, Horde, the
> Outlook connector from Toltec, Thunderbird with his connector at first it
> all works but i miss some features.
>
> on Outlook/Exchange it is possible  to look into shared foulders from
> another user will mean i have a list of users and her foulders that they
> share with me. maybe i can directly make a change in another calender, look
> for free time from another user and so on. i have found in Kolab no way to
> do so with

> Horde,

With Horde other users calendars show up in kronolith in the top right hand
corner, and you enable them by clicking on them in the combo box, the plus
and minus sign corresponds to enabled and disabled respectively, so choose
user foo and enable it, and you will se their calendars in your view.

> Kontact,

In kontact/korganizer, when you save an event, it will prompt you for wich
user to save the event in, either your own or user foo, or even user bar, you
can see the calendars you have access to from other users in KMail, they are
shown as user/foo/whatevercalendartheysharedwithyou

> and Outlook.
On OL, shared calendars show up toplevel, with a format such as
user/foo/folder, just select it and add and remove or do whatever you need to
it.

> Another Problem in Outlook ( i only
> have Outlook 2000 ) there is no Imap4 in Workgroup mode. As result i can´t
> look at shared foulders.

The toltec connector uses IMAP, you do not set this up for internet email, so
step 1 is to map the pst file, then add an internet service and configure
POP3 and SMTP server, and do not worry about the IMAP part, that is handled
by the toltec connector and you will see it working when you map the pst
file.

rgds

Matt