fetchmail does not inject into kolab

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 4 11:06:30 CEST 2005

The last days I have been setting up and playing with using kontact from
kde-3.4.1.  Of course I met some difficulties  as I otherwise would not have
this email.  Hopefully there is somebody on the list that can guide me and to
get my problems  resolved.

1) I don't seem to be able to inject emails hosted by my ISP into kolab using
fetchmail.  I followed the instructions on the wiki:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Some_user_experiences_installing_kolab#Fetching_mails_and_inserting_them_into_Kolab
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_FAQ#Using_fetchmail_with_kolab2

Neither of them work for me....  That's to say I had the emails once going
into kolab, but I was not able to repeat it.  I use the following command:
# fetchmail --all --keep -f /etc/fetchmailrc

And in /etc/fetchmailrc I have:
# cat /etc/fetchmailrc
poll pop3.ISP.nl proto pop3
user LOGIN password PASSWORD is rbos at atlas.radoeka.nl options fetchall
keep;

(LOGIN and PASSWORD are (of course) fake), the real ones work but differs from
the kolab account.

This results in:
# fetchmail --all --keep -f /etc/fetchmailrc
3 messages for arbeek at pop3.ISP.nl (9977 octets).
reading message LOGIN at pop.ISP.nl:1 of 3 (2899 octets) .. not flushed
reading message LOGIN at pop.ISP.nl:2 of 3 (2511 octets) .. not flushed
reading message LOGIN at pop.ISP.nl:3 of 3 (4567 octets) .... not flushed

With ethereal I can see that the smtp session is started up and messages are
being transferred.  What can be the reason that I don't see/receive the
message in kontact/kmail?  What to check, how?  Should I set an email alias
for LOGIN at pop.ISP.nl?

2) I tried to create folders directly under kolab-server, using kontact.  This
seems to work, but once I start to retrieve emails kontact comes with an
error message from server stating that: I don't have permissions to to create
a folder on the server.  Is that as designed?

I am able to create folders under kolab-server/inbox, but that is not what I
expect....

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless