WebClient Recompile Apache.

Jon Soong jon.soong at imvs.sa.gov.au
Thu Jan 27 01:26:47 CET 2005

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone could give me directions on how to install the
WebClient.

According to the webpage, you have to recompile Apache with
"--with=mod_php_sql".

If i add this to the obmtool.conf (around line 114), it complains that the
mysql dependency is not satisfied, so I add '@install
${loc}mysql-3.23.58-2.3' above the apache line, but then i get a whole
bunch of mysql dependencies not satisfied.

Surely there is an easier way to recompile the RPM?

I've tried installing the 'apache-1.3.31-2.2.3_kolab.src.rpm' rpm and
rebuilding that, but i receive:

    $>rpmbuild -bb apache.spec
    error: line 71: Unknown tag: %option       with_suexec               yes

Presumably the apache-kolab RPM was built for the obmtool and not for
standard rpm tools (rpmbuild).

I think i could get this working by working through each mysql dependency
and adding the src RPM's to the obmtool.conf file, but this seems like the
wrong way to do it.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheers

Jon

Jonathan Soong
Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science
Information, Communication and Technology Services
www.imvs.org Ph: +61 8 8222 3095