Does Kolab support auth'ing against another LDAP?

Jon Soong jon.soong at imvs.sa.gov.au
Tue Jan 25 00:43:18 CET 2005

Hi guys,

I'm new to the list and am currently evaluating different groupware
solutions. (Mirapoint, Scalix, Samsung Contact, SLOX/NOX, Kerio etc).

I was wondering if Kolab can authenticate against another LDAP server?

I have installed the Kolab server (very nice, easy installation), and can
get to the admin web-interface, but from here it appears that you can only
add users manually.

I understand that it is actually storing its own information in an LDAP
server and that others have successfully integrated pam etc against the
Kolab server's LDAP -
http://www.nexedi.org/workspaces/project/dls/usage_of_ldap_in_nex.

However, I really want to go the other way - have Kolab read off an
existing LDAP server.

Has anyone successfully done this?

If so, could anyone point me in the right direction? :)

If not, does anyone know of anything stopping me adding the Kolab schema
(presumably just Kolab2.schema and rfc2739.schema) to my current LDAP servers?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Kind Regards

Jon