AW: Kolab eating memory & CPU

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Sun Jan 23 19:09:42 CET 2005

On Sunday 23 January 2005 12:57 pm, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 23. Januar 2005 17:53 schrieb Jim Philips:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I'm using Slackware 10. This was a problem originally, because Openpkg
> > didn't understand where Slackware gets its inits from.
>
> I am confident that this is the source of your problems!
>
> > and set things up. But the CPU usage was terrible. The problem seems to
> > be that it is starting imapd as the wrong user. Imapd then dies and tries
> > to respawn ad infinitum, leading to high CPU usage and enormous logs.
>
> Obviously multiple service have problems in your installations with the
> group/user they are running as.
>
> What is the output of
>
> getent passwd kolab
> getent passwd kolab-n
> getent passwd kolab-r

bash-3.00# getent passwd kolab
kolab:x:19414:19414:/kolab OpenPKG (management):/kolab:/kolab/lib/openpkg/bash
bash-3.00# getent passwd kolab-n
kolab-n:x:19416:19416:/kolab OpenPKG
(non-privileged):/kolab:/kolab/lib/openpkg/bash
bash-3.00# getent passwd kolab-r
kolab-r:x:19415:19415:/kolab OpenPKG
(restricted):/kolab:/kolab/lib/openpkg/bash