About CalDAV

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Jan 21 23:05:57 CET 2005

Am Freitag, 21. Januar 2005 22:16 schrieb Joon Radley:

Hi,

> As for 500 seats ... Yes, there are companies running 500 and more users on
> Cyrus-IMAP, which is the heart of Kolab server, sharing calendars, contact,
> tasks, etc.

Actually for typical use about 98-99% of the servers cycles are spent on
dealing with emails not calendars, contacts or tasks.

There are really big installations with up to more than 10k _concurrent_ users
and more than 250k user mailboxes.

e.g.
http://acs-wiki.andrew.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/CarnegieMellonCyrusInstallation

The CMU people report that on a old Sun Ultra 80 (4x450MHz Ultrasparc 2) with
4GB memory they could support 6200 _concurrent_ users which effectivly leaves
about 600KB of Memory per concurrent user.

How many concurrent users can whatever version of Opengroupware support on a
4GB machine?

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany