First time with kolab

Aurélien Malo amalo at cerdd.org
Thu Jan 20 00:33:28 CET 2005

Hi Alessio,

My kolab version is 01122004.

> i'm tring to using kolab server. I have installed kolab2-beta-2 on
> debian 3.1. Kolab start ok but there isn't stable client for use with it:
>
> I have kde 3.2 + kpim 3.3.2, it works partial, i can't find "kolab"
> under Resources Configuration (replace by imap-resource?)

imap-ressource is like kolab-ressource

> The free/busy return this error:
>
> "The software could not upload your free/busy list to the URL
> 'webdavs://alessio%40test.lan@scbs.test.lan/freebusy/alessio%40test.lan.ifb
>'. There might be a problem with the access rights, or you specified an
> incorrect URL. The system said: Si è verificato un errore imprevisto (404)
> durante il tentativo di inviare
> webdavs://alessio%40test.lan@scbs.cecchi.lan/freebusy/alessio%40test.lan.if
>b.. Please check the URL or contact your system administrator."

why have you got "webdavs" ? try with "webdav" maybe ?

> KaddressBook works with imap abbress book, but it does not want search
> with LDAP, i have config the LDAP Lookup but i found this error whne i
> try to search:

it works perfectly with me, try this :
- add an adressbook ressource in KaddressBook : "ldapkio"
- click on "read only"
- specify the host and the port (scbs.cecchi.lan:389)
- specify the DN and the filter, they are similar for me, probably :
dc=scbs,dc=cecchi,dc=lan
- click on "anonymous login"

Aurélien Malo - amalo at cerdd.org
Cerdd - CEntre Ressource du Développement Durable