Quick question on private and public contacts (and or events)

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Jan 16 20:52:46 CET 2005

Am Freitag, 14. Januar 2005 21:31 schrieb Will Taylor:

Hi Will,

> I'm running kolab 2

which Version? (Beta 2is current)

> and kontact 1.0.2

Kontact 1.1pre is current.

> My question is if one user adds a contact and marks it public, shouldn't
> that contact show up in every users contact list?

No.

> If it is not suppose to,
> what is the puprose of public, private and confidential contacts? And how
> could I add global contacts?

Global contacts can either be handled via LDAP which means they are
administered via the web admin GUI (addressbook) or via a shared IMAP folder
(see web admin GUI).

In the later case administration of the contacts is handled via the clients
e.g. Kontact.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany