outlook problem

Michael Harlaut m.harlaut at atolcd.com
Thu Jan 6 15:07:04 CET 2005

Hi,

>> cannot create socket for saslauthd: Too many open files
>> or
>> ldap_simple_bind() failed -1 (Can't contact LDAP server)
>
> I had this problem too - `/kolab/bin/openpkg rc openldap restart`
> fixed it. I happened for me when lots of clients were importing mail
> from the old server to kolab.

The problem is I can't restart openldap every 5 minutes :)

I found some ways to resolve it, by using an LDAP cache, but it need
more testing, and this is not a solution because it breaks the original
Kolab2 configuration (This issue does not exists with Kolab1)

--
Michael Harlaut
Système et réseaux - Logiciels libres

Atol Conseils et Développements