Cannot post to shared folder

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Jan 5 16:41:58 CET 2005

Am Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2005 15:14 schrieb Hamish:

Hi,

I finally did some tests.and figured out that there is an issue with the
current release.

> Sorry to reply to myself - i am getting it in the neck! Please can
> someone just tell me if it is possible even. If not, what is the use of
> shared folders?

Please append to /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/imapd.conf.template
the following four lines:

# add support for posting to shared folders
postuser: cyrus
userprefix: user
sharedprefix: user

Then please run

	/kolab/sbin/kolabconf

After this you should be able to post to the shared folder "test" by sending
smtp mail to "cyrus+user.test at erfrakon.de"

Please report success/failure.

Steffen: I added the change to the CVS please do some QA on the commit.

Everyone: In contrast to what I wrote above the sharedprefix will be 'shared'
not 'user' for Beta 2 in order to keep a clean namespace.

In case you already have shared folders with your current Kolab 2 setup please
be aware of the change

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany