Installation question

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Jan 5 07:01:49 CET 2005

Hi Aaron,

Please have a look at http://www.openpkg.org/about.html and
http://www.openpkg.org/faq.html

> Do I need to install all
> the packages that are on the kolab ftp server?

Yes.

> Most of these packages are
> already running on my server do I need to install these specific packages?

See the faq.

> Have these package been patched so the will work with the kolab server?

Yes partly.

> Do
> they install in a kolab directory?

Yes, they don't interfere with your existing packages. Of course some packages
use the same resources e.g. a network port which prevents them from running
simultaneously without manual modifications (e.g. change of port numbers.)

Regards,
-- martin
President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany