IMAP direct

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Feb 22 20:29:52 CET 2005

Am Dienstag, 22. Februar 2005 12:07 schrieb UK Linux:

Hi,

> I have a problem authenticating from an imap client see 'IMAP refusals'
> thread, so i'm planning to try to access imap directly. Should i be able to
> do that (imtest?) or is this bypassing other components of the system
> 'illegitimately'?

Any imap client is fine.

I recommend the following test.

telnet kolabserver 431

a001 login username at kolabserver.tld sesame

This directly shows if authentification works correctly.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany