syncml

Stefan stefan at organet.com
Tue Feb 22 11:53:36 CET 2005

Hello List,

what's about syncML in kolab?
I know, there is a syncML-plugin for kitchensync, but it's work in progress
and it has one drawback: I have to use a PC with kdepim to sync my contacts
and events.
With a syncML-daemon "within" kolab, every syncML capable mobile device (e.g.
my P900 ;-)) ) could be turned into a kolab-client. I think addressbook- and
calendar- sync are important topics.

I know, there is sync4j and a connector for kolab available, but IIRC there is
no further development done on this thing.............and BTW: Java on my
server (german: Schauder)  ;-)

I googled for a while, without success! Has anybody addressed this "problem"?
Is there a solution in sight, or a piece of code to re-use?

TIA
Stefan