IMAP refusals

UK Linux cj at cehjohnson.uklinux.net
Sun Feb 20 20:35:45 CET 2005

Bernhard,

Thanks for your suggestion of tailing the imap log. This is what i got when
i did that:

http://proteanit.solohelp.com/tmp/misc-18-02-05.log

My general pattern is to create a new user, basing the uid on a timestamp.
Perhaps i should try to tie my attempts at various actions more closely with
various logs by attempting action x at time y so that it's more traceable?
Anyway, my pattern is normally to create the user as i mentioned, then login
via the web interface as that user (works), then try to login to imap from a
client using those credentials (doesn't work). I *didn't* follow your
suggestion of telnetting to various ports since it seems that imap is
working according to the log, but maybe there are other reasons behind your
suggestions?

On an unrelated matter, thank you all for your public-spiritedness for
refraining from conversing in German. Although in theory i know this
language, it would give me an additional strain i can do without ;-)

Kind regards,

Charles Johnson