Upgrading to Beta 2

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sat Feb 19 08:46:41 CET 2005

Am Samstag, 19. Februar 2005 03:51 schrieb Bradley Alexander:

Hi,

> There appear to be some major changes between 20041017 (it might have been
> 20041201) and beta2. I plan to do a full install. I have a backup of my
> mail stores. Once I finish the beta2 install, can I just untar that
> into /kolab/var/imapd/ and be about my business? What about the db files?

After making a backup you can do a normal upgrade procudere (don't start from
scratch)

Potentially there are two issues to keep in mind.

1. It may happen that you run into a chicken and egg problem with the new ldap
schema

2. We renamed the shared folders. In case you are using shared folders it is
required that you manually move them to the new prefix.

For both issues you can find discussions/solutions in the ml archive.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany