postfix rejects messages

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Mon Feb 7 09:07:12 CET 2005

Am Friday, 4. February 2005 15:00 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> This means there is a different in header and enveloper from?
> Usually there should not be such a difference.
> Maybe you check the configuration and see why they
> are sending email which is broken in this regard.
>
> Also you could use your firewall to use another port
> for incoming email from the clients.
> We also do that on one installation.
>
> > Is there a way to let the kolab server accept the
> > emails and don't check for the from header?
>
> Yes, you can switch this security measure off,
> but it means your users can to try to fake to be somebody else,
> so it is not recommended in many settings.

Bernhard, our problem is that all messages to a company mailing list where
our people are subscribed to get bounced with that "invalid header" check,
because the mailing list has another domain.

I've temporarily disabled the check in resmgr.conf[.template], so we can
work for now. I just wonder how such strict checks work somewhere else.

Regards,
Andreas