kolab2beta2 - virtdomains ldap does not work

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Feb 6 12:41:39 CET 2005

Am Samstag, 5. Februar 2005 20:31 schrieb David Hajek:

Hi,

> I have compiled kolab2 beta2 from sources on RH9. I can't get imap to
> authenticate when "virtdomains: ldap" is set in imapd.conf.

I assume something went wrong with your compile.

> When I changed
> this to "virtdomains: userid" it works.
>
> What is the difference between 'userid and ldap' option?

Please check "man 5 imapd.conf"

Basically the kolab-ldap patch offers support for using a seperate uid (like a
windows logon id) instead of the primary email address for authentification.

Actually not too many people require this feature.

> Looks like
> something is broken is kolab-ldap.patch?

I have strong doubts. Please tell me what is wrong with this patch.

> I can login with manager or any user via web-interface.

This means that LDAP is basicaly working.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany