Strange postfix log ?

Henning Holtschneider henning at loca.net
Wed Aug 10 15:41:58 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 14:56, Truppe Steven wrote:

> I've looked into to logs but there is only this:
>
> skiplist: invalid magic header: /kolab/var/imapd/mailboxes.db
> imap[19452]: DBERROR: opening /kolab/var/imapd/mailboxes.db: cyrusdb error
> imap[19452]: Fatal error: can't read mailboxes file
> imap[19454]: executed
>
> for a few thousand lines ...

Ok, that's bad! From what we know up to now, the RAM on your server is faulty
or, less likely, your filesystem is faulty (on journaling file systems like
ext3, ReiserFS or XFS, those two tend to coincide ;-) ). Are there more
DBERRORs on the other database files or is it just the mailboxes.db?

> is there a way to restore the mailboxes.db by hand ? i've done a
> ctl_mboxlist -d > filename.txt, then added the folders that are missing and
> then a ctl_mboxlist -u < filename.txt. is this the correct way ?

Yes, that's correct. You have to do that while Cyrus is not running
(/kolab/etc/rc imapd stop) and you should also remove the files
in /kolab/var/imapd/db, db.backup1 and db.backup2 before running ctl_mboxlist
-u.

Regards,
Henning Holtschneider
--