kolab2 cvs-checkout

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Mon Aug 1 16:49:43 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 04:22:13PM +0200, Sven Gehr wrote:

> > > this sound like I compile kolab on a suse-9.3-ia32 and copy /kolab
> > > to my
> > > amd64 machine?
>
> > no. You copy the binary rpm packages and run the installation routine
> > as you did with the source packages.
> > After you build and installed kolab, you will find the binary
> > rpm under /kolab/RPM/PKG
>
> slowly slowly please. I'm not a openPKG/kolab profi ;-)
>
> 1. I download and build/install kolab on a ia32 machine?

yes.

> 2. I copy the files in /kolab/RPM/PKG/* from my ia32 system to my
> amd64-system? In witch directory /kolabtemp ?

or any other arbitrary directory except for /kolab

> 3. What's the next step?

execute the same commands as under 1.
Hopefully the binary RPM are simply installed.
If not, there must be some tricks I guess. Martin
probably knows them because he recenctly mentioned on
this list that he is running a 32 comilation on a 64 system.

I don't know whether it is worth to try a compilation
directly on a 64 bit system.
Maybe this we will be closer to this with the upcoming 2.0.1
and 2.1 releases of Kolab which will both be based on OpenPKG 2.4
(currently is 2.2).

Best

	Jan
--