unix hierarchy

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Thu Apr 28 17:48:04 CEST 2005

Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, 28. April 2005 09:43 schrieb Dieter Kluenter:
>
> Hi Dieter,
>
>> is there a particular reason  for configuring imapd using unix hierarchy?
>> I ran into strange issues with a few MUA's.
>
> Please explain your problems.

I am testing with all kinds of MUA's some are rather exotic like
(X)emacs wanderlust, mew, vm but also Eudora and Aethera on Windows.
It seems that wanderlust, mew and Aethera (1.0.2) cannot handle unix
hierarchy style subfolders, the error reports are not informative,
while Eudora has problems with the certificate

following is a log of a refused Eudora connection

marin <debug> imap[21253]: accepted connection
marin <notice> imap[21253]: TLS server engine: cannot load CA data
marin <error> imap[21253]: TLS server engine: No CA file specified. Client side certs may not work
marin <notice> imap[21253]: STARTTLS negotiation failed: cyan.l4b.de [192.168.100.42]

A connection with gnus shows th following log

marin <debug> imap[20403]: open: user dieter at l4b.de opened INBOX
marin <debug> imap[20403]: seen_db: user dieter at l4b.de opened /kolab/var/imapd/domain/l/l4b.de/user/d/dieter.seen
marin <debug> imap[20403]: open: user dieter at l4b.de opened INBOX/kolab
marin <debug> imap[20403]: SQUAT failed to open index file
marin <debug> imap[20403]: SQUAT failed

But I have to dive a bit further into  this matter.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://www.dkluenter.de