backup strategy?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 26 13:07:38 CEST 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 10:34, Hamish wrote:
> On Sunday 24 April 2005 16:33, Markus Heller wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > what's your recommended backup strategy?

Note that there are two sides of the story.
The strategy for Kolab Server is described in the Backup section of:
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/architecture/server.sgml

> Please check the wiki http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Backups_for_kolab2
> and feel free to add anything you have found useful! So far, the most
> effective method I have seen is creating LVM snapshots and backing those
> up.

Some of those are related to how to do a differential backup best.
Of course there are several method on how to do this, but this is orthogonal
to the Kolab-Server. :-)