imapd linking against wrong db version

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Apr 24 16:55:01 CEST 2005

Am Sonntag, 24. April 2005 09:03 schrieb Dieter Kluenter:

Hi Dieter,

> I have just installed kolab-2beta4 on SuSE-9.2 with BerkeleyDB version
> 4.3.27. Although imapd has been statically compiled with db-4.2 it is
> linked against db-4.3. To my understanding imapd should not be
> dynamically linked against any library.
> Any hints on how to abandon imapd from linking?

Yeah, you fell in a typical OpenPKG trap :-(

Easiest is to temporarily uninstall the problematic development package from
your hosting SUSE 9.2 system while recompiling imapd.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany