Kolab2 beta4 on freebsd - success, but 2 bugs?

Alexander Maret-Huskinson alex at maret.de
Tue Apr 19 19:04:33 CEST 2005

Hi kolab developers,

I just wanted to let you know that I've successfully build and tested kolab2
beta4 on a fresh FreeBSD 5.3 installation. I did not yet test groupware
functionality with the tolltec collector but imap, clamav, spamassassin,
shared folder and group accounts seem to work.

However, I found some minor issues:

If you initially use a normal user account as recipient for your admin
mailing-lists (webmaster@, hostmaster@,...) and afterwards change this
account to a group-account you are no longer able to edit your mailing-lists
from within the web administration utility. You have to manually adjust the
members of the mailing-lists in your LDAP server.

Another issue I have is a collision between a group account and a contact
entry. I created a group account 'info at ...' and a contact entry (our company)
with 'info at ...' as e-mail address. No I can no longer login into imapd as
'info' because the contact entry blocks it. As soon as I delete the contact
entry I can login again with the group-account 'info'. I think e-mail
addresses in contacts shouldn't be considered for authentication.

Greets,
Alex