Distribution List Kolab 2 beta4 - Thunderbird LDAP Addressbook 1.0.2

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 19 09:41:33 CEST 2005

On Thursday 14 April 2005 08:17, Stephan Buys wrote:
> I think this is a bug.

But it is not clear if this bug is in the clients or in Kolab's use
of ldap.

> Check: https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue533

Yes, thanks for giving the issue, it is waiting for Martin's comment,
because he did the design of the ldap schema.

> On Wednesday 13 April 2005 19:34, Georg Lerch wrote:
> > I've created/modified the DL virusalert. When I write an email to
> > virusalert at mydomain.de everything works.
> >
> > When I try to write an email using the thunderbird ldap  addressbok it
> > doesn't. Taking a close look at the addressbook entries, I realized that
> >  the DL addressbook entry has no email address value.
> >
> > This must be the reason why thunderbirds does not add this entry to the
> > address field in the email.
> >
> > Is this a thunderbird bug or a kolab feature?
> >
> > When I use Outlook/Exchange DLs are displayed in the Exchange
> > Addressbook. It would make things easier for users if DL were beeing
> > displayed in Kolab/Thunderbird as well.

The Thunderbird plugin is in development, so far it is not a full
Kolab2 client yet.
I expect this to be  a bug in the thunderbird.
It might be hard to fix, though.
I used to have problems with Mozilla's use of ldap before
and it depends on if that code was completely overhauled meanwhile
or not.