SuSE 9.2 and Kolab2

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Sat Apr 16 13:21:44 CEST 2005

Hi Henning,

I removed the following files as there could be keys and passwords in there.

PREFIX is /kolab/etc here:

These are my own adaptions as authentification to 1und1.de is not
preconfigured, off course :-)
./postfix/smtp_auth
./postfix/smtp_auth.db

./kolab/res_priv.pem
./kolab/res_pub.pem
./kolab/ca/newcerts/01.pem
./kolab/ca/private/cakey.pem
./kolab/ca/cacert.pem
./kolab/key.pem
./kolab/newreq.pem
./kolab/cert.pem
./apache/ssl.key
./apache/ssl.key/README.KEY
./apache/ssl.key/server.key
./apache/ssl.key/snakeoil-ca-dsa.key
./apache/ssl.key/snakeoil-ca-rsa.key
./apache/ssl.key/snakeoil-dsa.key
./apache/ssl.key/snakeoil-rsa.key

And, please treat the server information confidentially if you find details on
my machine in the files... :-)

Regards,
Markus

Am Samstag, 16. April 2005 11:29 schrieb Henning Burow:
> Hi,
>
> i've also downloaded the sources multiple times and tried the installation
> on three different VMWare Images, two are SuSE 9.2 and one is SuSE 9.1. I
> tried beta-3, beta-4 and development current. My download mirror is the one
> described in the wiki (max.kde.org). But in all cases i get the same
> result. I've also read your entry in the wiki for debian sarge, which gave
> me the hope, that maybe beta might work on debian. Do you know, which
> config-files are broken? Maybe you can send me the working ones?
>
> Does make any sense to try a different mirror?
>
> Thanks,
> Henning
>
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > about 1-2 weeks ago I had the same problem with Kolab2 Beta4, compiled
> > from
> > source on Debian Sarge. This was when I asked the developers on the
> > kolab-devel list to please provide a working php.ini file, as I saw that
> >
> > a) apache was only listenling on port 80 on the loopback IP address
> > (127.0.0.1)
> > b) ssl was not configured at all, there was no config statement at all in
> > the
> > according apache.base file. There were no links to the ssl key files
> > generated during the startup process (these files did exist!!)
> > c) after all some config options seemed corrupt in php.ini.
> >
> > I succeeded up to the point when I came to the insight that it was an
> > enormous
> > amount of config work to get everything running.
> >
> > In other words, I was quite annoyed... ;-)
> >
> > Then one of the developers told me in an email that this seemed veeery
> > strange
> > and that everything was working fine with their test installations.
> >
> > So I agreed to start all over, I downloaded all of the sources again,
> > went through the complete install process and - it worked!!!
> >
> > I don't know why, but it worked. I'm glad that others found this strange
> > bug,
> > too. As I said, I found it on Debian Sarge with the source distribution.
> > I described this error in the wiki (wiki.kolab.org). Initially, I wanted
> > to remove this entry as it worked fine in the end but I didn't. Now I'm
> > glad that I didn't...
> >
> > Best wishes,
> >
> > Markus
> >
> > Am Freitag, 15. April 2005 12:44 schrieb Henning Burow:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > i'm trying to get a Kolab2 up on a SuSE 9.2. I tried
> >
> > development/current,
> >
> > > which compiled without problem, same for bootstrap. But when i am
> >
> > supposed
> >
> > > to login in https://mydomain/admin (in my case https://localhost/admin)

> > > get "connection refused". In the apache logs is nothing written. I
> > > tried kolab-2.0-beta4 and kolab-2.0-beta3. Everytime i have the same
> > > problem.

> > > found the following bug entry:

> [...]

Markus Heller, M.A., Schellingstrasse 43, 80799 Munich, Germany
markus at relix.de // heller at cis.uni-muenchen.de // Tel. +49.173.3835315
GnuPG Fingerprint: 3BED 68EF 84B9 A701 C2DE 1E9D 2184 A06D 9A9F D0E8