Send Mail with Kolab

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 16:11:54 CEST 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 14:49, Hans Koller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that I have successfull installed kolab I can go
> further. Where do I configure an external POP
> account(s) to deliver mail outside my local domain ? I
> can use fetchmail to feed kolab..but how to send
> something back ? Am I missing some important things ?

Klaus, i do not want to insult you if you have some kind of plan, but i think
you may be confused... If you want to deliver mail outside your domain, you
will use smtp. As long as your kolab server can lookup DNS (ie you have an
internet connection) this is done, and your kolab server will send mail to
other domains. This means that there is nothing you need to do to configure
kolab to deliver mail to external domains.