Stupid Question: How do I start the kolab2 service?

alex alex at swiftnetcomputers.biz
Thu Sep 30 14:03:11 CEST 2004

I did run the bootstrap process previously and all went well. I just did
not know how to tell if the kolab service is running.
I think I've found why I can't access the web admin page, a previous
apache install is using port 80.... oops : /

On a side note, the install of kolab2 was painless, an amazing job by
the kolab team!

This install is going in to replace Outlook/Exchange with Thunderbird/Kolab.

Thanks Stefan and the Kolab team.

Stefan wrote:

>Ups! I've sent the mail to alex, instead to the list! Here it comes! :-)
>
>Hi Alex,
>
>you have to bootsrap the system with the following command:
>
>/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b
>
>and configure the basic system in a shell dialog. After that you have to
>create users and so on via the web gui. The URL for this is shown at the end
>of the basic configuration dialog.
>
>The further tasks are peanuts! If you want free-busy lists with kontact,
>please have a look at the thread "again freebusy" this month. Look at it
>before you are creating your users, because there is something to notice
>regarding the "UID" and "Primary Mail-Address"
>
>Bye
>Stefan
>
>Am Donnerstag, 30. September 2004 02:03 schrieb alex:
>

>>OK, I built kolab2 from source, everything went perfectly - great job!
>>Now I have no idea how to start the service.... I looked for a readme,
>>but couldn't find one... Could someone please point me to a manual/file
>>so I can RTFM...
>>
>>Thanx,
>>
>>alex

If you have any questions, please call me at (941) 423-3076.

Thank you,

Alex Chejlyk
SwiftNet Computer Systems, Inc.
http://www.swiftnetcomputers.biz

If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.